Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2

This blog has me standing on edge. Not because I'm scared, terrified and whatnot, but because I'm just too excited my finger muscles are tingling and my mind is working overtime that my fingers just aren't typing fast enough. =D Yeah, the title alone gets me excited. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. *SPOILER ALERT*



 So okay, first things first. This movie is the second part of the book "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer. It's the culmination of the entire Saga. The story of Bella's "afterlife" and having Renesme and finding out that the Volturi is out to get the entire  Cullen coven. If you're ever a twilight fanatic at all, you'd surely have read the book so I don't have to tell you everything that happened. If you are not, or somehow have not read the book, well, read it.

With all my bias intact, let's start with my comments on the story and the book. I found it interesting. I was always a coward when it came to horror stories, but this particular vampire story? Horror, it is not. In fact, it's more of a fantasy than anything else. I found myself wanting to be in their world, mid-read, which is silly of course, but that's just how it is when you're too enraptured by the world you're reading about. If you're a bookworm (as I am), you'll feel like you've transcended to the life that is being written about, you'll feel like somehow, in some corner of the universe, the story is not jut a story; that it did exist. It's interesting because the story itself shaped a new way of looking at "vampires". It gave a sudden mysticism and "want factor" (for lack of better word) about them that hasn't been tackled on before. Suddenly, they became "beautiful". A word which has never been associated with their kind in the years past. And that made them desirable to us, mere humans, mere readers, even if they are just a figment of our imagination. So Ms Meyer did a great job in creating a world of poetically heavenly creatures that make your heart thump and your mind mush. Yes, if you like books that have more "depth" in them (like I usually do, save this one), you won't be much of a fan. But hey, I love any book that would get my imagination working in overdrive, and this one did more than extremely well.

Now on to the movie. What happened was, my new friend, Mercy, was going to Palmerston with her hubby, Alan, to watch the movie. I wanted soooo badly to watch it too and I told her. She asked if I wanted to come and I said yes (of course). In the end, I got a free movie. Awesome friends are awesome, yeah? =)

So anyway, I totally loved the movie (yes, my biases are still intact, forgive me. I just can't let them go)! Mercy and I were sooooo noisy (oh the Pinoy in us) in the theatre the other Kiwis might've become irritated. But we didn't really care. I was all curled up in my seat the entire time because I just couldn't contain my excitement. =D


Obviously, in the movie, Bella (Kristen Stewart) had to look gorgeous. And somehow, she did. I mean not gorgeous per se, but more like, she finally fit that role (?). She was made (and somehow became) beautiful so kudos to the make-up team. But more than her facial transformation, her wardrobe was to die for! I loved every single bit of outfit she wore in the movie! And yes, I admit, her acting was a wee bit better than in the other movies (which is great because it saves you the time to criticize her every acting faux pas).


Edward (Robert Pattinson) was gorgeous, yet again. It seems like he just keeps getting better and better in each franchise. Or is it just the I've-got-butterflies-in-my-stomach-swooning-over-you part of me that's talking? Well, whichever part of me it was, they adored him. And it helps that he's a talented musician too. Oh how I loved the part where he played the piano. It just seemed so...romantic. *sigh*


Alice (Ashley Greene) and Jacob (Taylor Lautner) were the other 2 most favorite characters for me (truthfully? Every single one of them is a favorite). Alice is a bombshell. She's so endearing and pixie-like that she had me believing in fairies for a sec. I loved her, book or movie. =D And Jacob? Well, just look at that body! And that to-die-for smile! Need I say more? Isn't he just...yum?! =D


One of my most favorite part in the movie was when Emmett (Kellan Lutz) and Bella were having an arm-wrestling match. Cool, aye? =D


It was great because I kept relating everything that happened in the movie to the ones I've read in the book. Scene after scene, I knew exactly what was going to happen and filled in the ones that they cut out. And then, suddenly, bam! That one particular scene hits you front and center. Carlisle dies (which almost put the lights out of me!), Jasper gets his head cut off, wolves yelping in pain, and the rest of the vampires obliterated, including the very beautiful face of Ms Dakota Fanning getting torn off quite un-delicately by wolf fangs. Yes, it was very interesting indeed. Somehow they managed to fit a fight scene onto a story that had none in the first place. And then mixing it into the scenario effortlessly. Superb. =D


Okay, biases aside, which person (reading or watching) doesn't want an ending like that? I mean, a happy family finally beating all the odds. I guess that's the greatest draw for me. That idea that one can beat the odds, no matter how impossible they seem, and finally getting the happiness that they rightfully deserve. It's a touching ending to a story that's unlike any other. And an ending to which I'm keeping my fingers crossed for. =)

So there. I've finally ended my Twilight tirade and now I bid ye all a good day.

Happy vampire fever! =)

xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly