Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waikanae

It's been a roller coaster ride from the very moment I step foot in this country. It's been fun, yes, but it's been lonely too. Of course, no one really appreciates true happiness until one experiences the bad things, and not having my family and friends here? That's definitely a bad thing. So I guess I'm more appreciative of what I had before leaving my home country, I guess.

Anyway, the upside to all this is, to name a few, meeting new friends, visiting new places, eating good food and experiencing new things. Letting my adventurous side loose, I am definitely enjoying the nature and greenery that surrounds, almost hypnotically, the entirety of New Zealand.

And Waikanae definitely proved a good place to have all of those. Tracy, June and Ate Recy invited me over to have a wee good time with them post-CAP (that one short time where stress piles up on you more than you could imagine and you get to feel like a student again), before I head off to Hamilton to spend my Christmas holidays and my lull whilst job hunting.

It was just an overnight thing. But it was definitely one of my best here, so far. =D Of course, as they say, a place is only as good as the people in it (remember I Am Number Four?), so maybe because I was with new crazy, adventure-hungry friends that's why I enjoyed my time there so much. =D

We went river trekking (well, sort of. It was supposed to be a jog but then we were "us" so it became a slow walk around town and taking lots of picture and a little freezing, numbing, cold dip in the river), photo ops here and there, walked around all the good parts of town, and I admit, there were a lot, and a whole lot of talking all the way. It was a blast!

xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly