Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ACLS and ECGs and MEGACODES and whatnot

January 30-31, 2012. 8am-12pm

He practically forced me to do this. ACLS Training, I mean. He just couldn't stop convincing me that I should (no, I'm not saying "I can"...it's "I should") attend this. It's a "once in a lifetime opportunity", he says..."one you don't really get that often that's as good an offer as this one". Okay, so that part I spiced up just a little bit but you get my drift. =p

Apparently, their supervisor (one really cool supervisor, if I may) decided to have her (yes, it's a "her") staff have an ACLS training prior to the actual ACLS training done by our institution (name withheld) so by the time they do the actual training, they'd basically know the stuff being taught and just generally enhance their newly-gotten (or polished) skills. =) Nice. =) Very smart of her, don't you think? =) And it's conducted by the American Heart Association no less! Hah! Beat that! =) Okay, not really something to beat, but well, yeah. =)

So I was practically an outsider there. All attendees were from the Emergency Department, while I, of course, am not (I'm from the Patient Care Unit-Internal Medicine Department). I knew some of the people there, yes, but I'm not at all close to anyone BUT my boyfriend (who is, as is already established at this point, the one who "forced" me to join). Being an introvert, I could not muster enough courage to attend such social gatherings with no "back up support" of my own. But he just wouldn't take "No" for an answer.

So there I was, dragging myself to the venue, tagging along with him, almost ready to burst in tears as I drown in the depths of my introversion and then, it started. And minutes into the training, I was hooked. Honestly? I really enjoyed it. Of course, that's majorly thanks to Mr. Linus-something (sorry, I forgot his last name) for having been one of the coolest, easiest-to-deal-with instructor in the world! =D

*that's him with the blue shirt (duh!)*

So when he said that the training just couldn't possibly be finished in just half a day (original plan was a 4-hour short course ACLS training) and everyone decided to extend for another half a day, I reckoned things would be fine and decided to finish what I've started (even though that dreaded fear in the pit of my stomach was screaming at me "are you crazy?!"). =)

So, basically, what I'm trying to say here is that I have now finished (and quite successfully) my first ever ACLS training! Woooot! A day to celebrate, if I may say so myself. =D Of course, I can't say that I'm good at it already. In fact, after the training, I realized I had so many things that I didn't know re: my work. But, it is a cause for celebration for I did not let my introvert-of-a-self back out from this. Woohoo! =) Congratulate me? =D

PS: Thank you, ever supportive and awesomest boyfriend! I love you! =*

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly