Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Last Days in Pinas

I don't really know what to say coz right now my brain and fingers are freezing off from the cold. So let me just narrate what happened in the past week.


CEBU

September 30, 2012

Me and my family went out for lunch for some yummy grub. This time, I loved where we ate coz it was Japanese food (Nonki at SM) so I had the grandest time. I wasn't really thinking about the reason WHY we were having this meal. I was just sort of enjoying the entire experience. It was mine and my sister's treat for my family. :) Then, since we wanted more (although we were practically bursting from a full stomach), we stopped by Fudge (one of my dessert places) for some mouthwatering cakes (their mud cakes are incre-delicious-ble!).'



After a day of fun, we had some grocery shopping before heading home to recuperate.

October 1, 2012

Left Cebu at around 4pm via Cebu Pacific. It was hard because I kept stopping my tears from flowing. I just said my goodbyes to my brother and sister that morning and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. For all my life, it was always me, sisterette and brother-dear together and now, I'm leaving them, and even though it will only just be for a short while, it is still A WHILE, the longest and farthest we've been from each other. The longest and farthest I've been from my family, really. I've steeled myself for this for a while now, but I don't think it did any good. If anything, it's harder.

But the show must go on as they say, so, after 3 hours of delayed flights, I'm finally bound for manila.

MANILA

Arrived late in Manila so we were greeted by the rush hour traffic, which was anything but comfortable. But having my cousins, Nikki and John2x, there was a gem. We dropped by Jollibee for some quick dinner (since we were all starving, having missed lunch from all the delays...as evidenced by my auntie Leonore complaining of starvation from the very first second they announced the delay until the time she had some food down her throat) and though I'm not much of a fan of the fastfood chain, it was a welcome heat for my empty stomach.

Finally arrived in Cainta after a long, slow drive down the streets of Manila and settled there for the night. The house my cousins lived in was big. It was, like, five times the size of ours! And that just downstairs! But their upstairs rooms, and well, everything in it creep me out. I'm not good with big houses and a lot of quiet. Makes my imagination run lose.


October 2, 2012

Today, my aunt was leaving for Amsterdam, so with the traffic jam everywhere in Manila, we just went and tagged along as she did her errands, drank some gargantuan milk teas, sent her to the airport and then went for some little grocery shopping in Megamall. It was pretty much it by the time we were done with shopping. The traffic was unbelievable! It takes hours just to get to one place!

John2x was adorable though. Stuck to me like rice on a plate. :D I miss that kid. :D He's so sweet and malambing.

But like every other day, it came to an end.

October 3, 2012

We pretty much did the errands my aunt sent us to do for the entire day. Nothing much happened today, except that we went to Cavite instead of Cainta to sleep for the night since it's been raining for days and there's a risk of flooding in Cainta and the areas around it (which might cause me to miss my flight the next day).


Spent a few hours in SM Makati for some gift shopping for my siblings, a little dinner in Cavite and more luggage checking before finally heading off to dreamland.

October 4, 2012

It was THE day. The day I'll leave, by myself, for some unknown land, without my family with me. It's my first time so I was really scared to death. But I didn't want my family to see me having a hard time coz things are hard for them too, so I just toughed it out.

Went through NAIA Terminal 1, spent quite a few lost moments inside before eventually finding my way through the Thai Airways Check-In Counter. Did all the checking-in, then payed for the terminal fee, went through immigration (which was pretty fast, no questions asked. surprised me quite a bit), then sat back and waited at the lounge for my flight. It was pretty stressful coz I was alone, a first-time international flyer, and I had no idea where to go. So I kept asking, looking for signs, and all that jazz while deep inside, all I really wanted  was to turn back and go home.

The plane departed and it was "Goodbye Philippines. For now, at least.".

I'm missing my family real bad.
I can't think about the coming holidays and all the Christmas traditions we had which I won't be able to attend this year.
I'm pretty homesick.


xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly