Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

us for one more year: a prequel

First of all, I would like to say I'm happy. We've been together four short years and it was never better. It still is. And not many can say the same. =D Last October 10, 2011, my guy, Elbert, took me biking. =) Now, most of the people who knows me also know that I have NEVER ridden a bike before. Hence, it follows that I absolutely do NOT know how to ride one. You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. =)

**See how scared I look?**



Anyway, this month, October, boasts of really great things for me. It's my birthday month, it's my bestfriend' and barkada's birthday month, and it's our anniversary. So yeah, you could say I'm really happy everyday. =)

I was never the "mushy" type. But, for this month, I gave in and we decided to commemorate this year with a 2-day celebration! Yey! =) So, as a prequel to the bigger event on the 11th, we decided to go do something fun, and absolutely crazy (okay, riding a bike with me on it is super crazy. Admit it). So, with him behind the steering wheel, we looked for a good, flat, not-so-busy-car-zone that might be a good spot for learning how to ride. =D


Initially, I still had some shopping to do at Ayala so we stopped by there first and after I did my thing, we went straight for lunch at Kublai Khan (yummy yummy supersized rice bowl!). Nothing like having my "almost last lunch" before I go kill myself on the bicycle, right?  Right. (Pictures are with Elbert though so I got none to post here).

Anyhow, with our stomachs full of fiery hot mongolian deliciosity, it was finally time. Our initial training spot was in Ayala Business Park (mostly because it was still too hot ~1pm~ to go to the mountains or to go anywhere that's not shaded), right behind that bank whose name I absolutely forgot. =p So here's what happened. Elbert took out his mountainbike, gave me some peptalk, provided some theory and pointers on the physics of biking (none of which I understood. I wasn't even close), and generally made me mount it. I was terrified at the monstrous thing! It was huge, heavy, and seemed like it was designed for me to fall!

However, Elbert can be really convincing and I really didn't want the day to go to waste, so, with a big gulp of air, I braved the cold sweat, shaking knees, and pounding heart and mounted the gigantic abomination.


The goal was that I learn in 2 hours - the time it took for his lil sis, Mae Ann, to learn it. So I had 2 hours and to be honest, being that I know myself really well, I was 95% sure that that amount of time wouldn't be enough. And I was absolutely right. Come 3pm, I was still on the bike, sweating like crazy, hot as hell, and pissed as ever...oh, and did I mention I was about to scream with stress? Yeah. That went really well. =p I took some videos but not one involved me trying to get the bike to NOT fall, so I wouldn't bother posting them anywhere. =p

Time was running out so we decided to leave the training for now and head on to our next destination, Mountain View. So, I know I've been here a gazillion times but this wasn't the original plan. The plan was we spend the day at Tops (waaay beyond Mountain View) since I haven't been there before (can you believe it?! I've lived here 2 decades and I still haven't been to one of the most visited places of Cebu!). But, well, nobody ever gets what they want all the time right? This was one of those days. A typhoon was about to hit and it's been dreary skies all afternoon and driving to Tops on a wet, foggy, rainy environment wasn't exactly safe, so Mountain View it was. =p

The place, of course, still is great. Nice view. Quiet roads. Great mountain air. It was perfect for bike training. But that came only second to Photo Op! Hahhaha =D The camwhore in me couldn't resist the tempting angles and views and lovely landscape so, before anything else, pictures had to be taken.


 
 
 

And when I finally exhausted myself from picture-taking and running around and enjoying the cool mountain air, it was high time to resume training.

 
 

We decided to use the smaller bike this time, the one designed for beginners. I have no idea why he made me use the big bike in the first place! =p Anyway, he demonstrated biking for me to see and hopefully decipher and copy.


And without further ado, I jumped on the bike and tried my luck a second time. =D If this hadn't worked, I would've given up and said biking wasn't really for me. Thankfully, my lucky stars have been shining their light on me all along coz I somehow managed to ride by myself in less than an hour! Hooraaah! Thank God for small bikes eh? =D

I guess, Elbert was a really good teacher after all. I was just one lousy student who needed a smaller bike to mount (and who is still terrified of the big bike). Eventually, I showed him my skills in riding but then, he told me to do something...turn right, left, and U. And my world collapsed a third time. I realized then that I only knew how to balance when I'm riding straight. Turning is a whole other matter. =p I fall, and fall, and fall. And fall. Oh well, I guess it really isn't about the falling but the getting up after the fall that matters right? Or so I keep telling myself. =p

It was getting dark then and more people where coming in (it'd be embarrassing to continue on this charade) so we had to pack up the equipment and enjoy the night sky and the city lights of the beautiful Queen City of the South.

The scene was Ah-mazing! Twinkling lights scattered on every corner, glittering seas just beyond the border all encapsulated in one captivating black canvas of a night sky. The view would remain in my memory forever. It was absolutely beautiful. And being there with the man I loved most made it even better.

It was one helluva prequel for our 4-year anniversary. Sort of an anniversary eve, really. It was wonderful. The place, the moment, the view, the person to share it with, the occasion...everything was perfect. <3 I couldn't have asked for a more romantic night. And I couldn't have been happier. ^^


To my love, my bestfriend, my confidante, my nurse, my angel, my forever...You know I will always love you. Here's to more years of "us". Here's to togetherness. I look forward to sharing more days with you. Hugs and Kisses. Always. <3

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly