Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's Still There

Just when I thought the pain had come close to a soft halt, the wounds in my heart opened up again and I found myself back inside that dark, windowless room with nothing but myself for company.

The tears have come back. The pain has come back.
No, that's not right. It never really left.

It just hid itself in the fine corners of my subconscious, ready to spring itself on me at the very first moment of vulnerability. It's stealth is incomparable. It's strength, out of this world. It's power, suffocating. It pulls at the very fiber of my being, waiting for it to snap at the immense pressure.


I shudder at the thought of such a moment occurring. I struggle to find my will and keep the pain in tow, to at least a barely manageable level.

I have now since calmed down.

But I know, it's still there. Lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce again.



xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly