Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Week from Then

I've now officially finished my 5-day long vacation leave. =) And what a way to end it. =p Tady woke me up bright and early at 6am (was still mid-dream by this time so of course, I didn't take kindly to it. Never did like being woken up by others.) to ask if I could work earlier (10am) since one of the staffs in the day shift was absent. As I was already getting bored being stuck at home all week, I just couldn't say "No" (although, I was tempted. Do not underestimate the power of sleepiness. ^^). What stuck to me though was her very...realistic introduction.
"Hon! Mata na diha! Dili ni damgo!", she said.
"Ha?", I replied, already thinking that I was still dreaming.


And so her explanation and request went down after. =D Yeah. Guess she already knew I was still groggy from sleep. If she hadn't said that, I probably would've just thought I was dreaming and went right back to sleeping (happened once, might just happen again ^^). Haha =D

Anyhow, that's about it for my somewhat eventful morning. The things that followed were more or less the same routine station work we do everyday. As the MMN (medication management nurse) for the day, I didn't get to handle patients so no worries on my part about forgetting essential patient care activities. =D Tomorrow, however, will be another story since I'll be handling the center wing which holds most of those patients that need immediate nursing care. =p Oh well. All in a day's work, I guess. =D

I'm not really sure what my point in writing this blog is. Just wanted to update a certain someone with my activities. Texting costs a lot when trying to recall the activities of the day. =D

To more chill days! =D


Nursing is an art:  and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation, as any painter's or sculptor's work; for what is the having to do with dead canvas or dead marble, compared with having to do with the living body, the temple of God's spirit?  It is one of the Fine Arts:  I had almost said, the finest of Fine Arts.  ~Florence Nightingale

xoxo

~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly