Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Kyle's 14th

Today was my cousin, Kyle's birthday. As is tradition in our family, a family dinner is always done, of course separate from all the other birthday dinners the celebrant is to attend. ^^

For today, we attended mass (a must especially on a birthday) and headed to the mall after. This was beginning to be a pattern these past years. But nonetheless, it's fun. It's always fun with the family. It doesn't matter what place we go to, or what thing we do, the company makes it all better. Sort of. ^^ On the good days. hahaha ^^

Anyhow, for dinner, we decided on RaiRaiKen. Why? Because I love japanese food and they can't seem to decide where to eat. I wanted Nonki but given my family's history with it (ate there on my birthday 2 or 3 years ago and my mom didn't take to the sushi so much...of course, it was her first japanese dining experience so that was a given but since then, she never did like to eat in Nonki again. Nonetheless, it remains to be my favorite japanese restaurant. Their food is always great!), that was a choice better left unsaid. ^^ Red Kimono and SumoSam were fast becoming a frequent jap diner for us so it's a no-go.

*I kinda forgot to take pictures of the food once it found its way to our table. Only got my shots through the appetizers. haha*




After dinner and so much talking, laughing, and whatnot, we decided to have ourselves some dessert. ^^ Because of proximity and because we simply love the food, we bought ourselves some mochi. ^^ Always did love this cold treat. It's easy on the palate and never fails to lift my mood. ^^ As usual, mine is strawberry. Mom had black sesame, auntie had coffee and Kyle, our little birthday boy, had vanilla. Surprisingly, little bro decided to make a pass on this one (head was hurting too much for some cold treats I guess). Tsktsk


Had a few good laughs on the way home too. ^^ Kyle is quiet and shy but when he spoke of his...ummm...endeavors today, it made us all crack up and drove us into fits of laughter. ^^ I'm just not too sure if I'm allowed to spread his "experience" especially online without causing undue...uh...stress on him so I guess I better shut my mouth on this one. hahaha This is one gutsy boy, that much I can tell. Must've gotten it from his all-too-gutsy Mum. ^^

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Kyle! =D
Looking good there kiddo! ^^
Lots of love ^^

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly