Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quake hits Cebu (Feb.6,2012)

A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit Cebu 20 minutes ago. I felt it. For the first time, I felt the shaking and the unsureness of what's gonna happen next.

There I was sleeping peacefully in my room, when all of a sudden, I got jolted right out. I felt the bed start to shake, slowly at first and then gradually build its speed and intensity. Then, for a few seconds, I heard and felt the world rumble a deep, frightening sound. Then it ended just as abruptly as it started.

My instinct told me it was an earthquake, so I just stayed where I was (since I was already in the lower bunk of the double-decker). But I really thought I was dreaming until the lady on the radio said "it's important in an earthquake that you do not panic". That confirmed it. I just felt a 6.8M quake hit Cebu. And I dreaded what might happen next. Aftershocks can happen anytime.


Is this the start of a long slew of quakes and natural disasters? Is this punishment for having done many wrongs and less rights? Is this a prequel to a long list of major catastrophes?

I hope not. I know Sr. Sto NiƱo will protect Cebu, and the world for that matter, from more disasters. I know we are not a lost cause. And I know, though there may be catastrophes, we'll all get through it. Together.

Bad news has been popping up every so often. Here and there. But do not fret. For He is still here. And He will help us. Because He is good.

Stay safe everyone! God bless us all!




xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly