Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Boyfriend 02-12-2012

Words are not enough to express how thankful I am to this one special person who helped make me a better person. And since this is his special day, I would like to take this opportunity to at least try to convey my gratefulness.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Some girls say being in a relationship is hard. Boys and girls differ in opinions so much that bickering will always be a part of the trade. And yes, I agree. But, of course there's a but, it's how you deal with all these fights that make all the difference.

I was one of those who easily gets mad. I was so idealistic that being with me as "the boyfriend" was close to impossible. I had this thick brick wall around me with a huge sign that says "Keep Out". I was so critical, so difficult to deal with, so moody and unpredictable that even my best friend told me how unlucky the guy I end up with would be. And to be honest, I agreed with her.

But this one brave soul attempted what others would not dare do. He tried to talk to me. Tried to argue with me. Tried to challenge me with things. And tried to open up my horizon with new ideas and philosophies I once deemed impossible. He was the only one who, slowly, step by step, one by one, picked out the bricks in my wall.

I struggled at first. I was not one to easily give up my personal space. I've been surviving by myself and I believed I can do so for as long as I wanted to. But he changed me. He change my views. He changed my world. He succeeded in bringing my brick wall down.

What was once a lonely soul in an endless stream of monotony became that of a soul fused with another, bound by the strong and radiant strings of fate.

And suddenly, as time passed by, I found myself opening up to his presence. I found myself wanting to be in his presence. I found myself longing for his presence. As if I am not complete without him. And yes, I am not. I am now an individual and half of a pair. And, much to my surprise and delight, I realized how much stronger I've become, how much better I've become because I now have someone to walk side by side with along the rocky and exciting path of life.

So to the man who made it possible for me to become a "somebody", whatever that word entails, I am eternally grateful and thankful to have you by my side. I never thought I could become the person I am right now, someone I can finally be proud of, but I did. And that's because you helped get me there.

I will always, and forevermore, love you with every beat of my heart, with every string of fate, with every wave of destiny, with everything I can give.



Happy Happy Happy Birthday Boyfriend. <3
There can only be you. No one else but you.
I love you.


To us and to years of togetherness!

xoxo
~hny~

2 comments:

  1. This is such a thoughtful and sweet happy birthday messages and greetings for your boyfriend. You two seems good and perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Is this your original message? Guess someone has copied it, http://instagram.com/p/tpkcO1sL0K/?modal=true LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Red Butterfly