Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine

February 14 is a day known to all. Of course, I am not one to break tradition. =)
Here's what happened to mine. =)


Went on duty early on the day. Woke up at the crack of dawn to prepare for my first day back from vacation. Work wasn't so bad. The usual sounds of stressed-out nurses, tired doctors, and aching patients filled my ears. And though I've been at this job for quite a while, having just gone on a relatively long vacation, I actually needed time to reorganize myself and adjust to the hospital environment. =p My head kept spinning the entire time and the only thought in my head was "Work's gonna end soon..." over and over and over like a broken record.



And soon (though not soon enough), it did. Dressed quickly for my date while he waits in the lounge and then, off we were to wherever our feet would take us. =)


We wanted to go to IT Park for some matching jogging suit hunt (we're getting started on some type of duo project ^^) but then I remembered I wanted to watch "The Vow" with him so I suggested and he accepted. =D Straight to SM and minutes later, we were sitting on a table eating Dimsum for an early dinner to catch an earlier movie and have time to walk around and talk later. ^^




**sorry about the poor quality. I took it with my android inside a dimly lit cinema** 


The movie was great. It was our first romantic movie together so this day was memorable enough if only for that. ^^ Couples (and a couple of really rowdy highschool kids) graced the cinema with us which was kinda cheesy and yet cute, somehow. =D


Headed for hot tea at Starbucks post-cinema. I ordered earl grey black tea and he some green tea. Then I tasted mine and my face broke out in all kinds of awful expressions (too bitter for my taste). He took pity and gave me his tea instead. Great trade off! Loved the green tea and he adored the earl grey (I think ^^). Had Belgian Waffle with whipped cream and strawberry jam on the side which was fantastic and got finished in a flash. =)



More talking and then I suggested we go to Watsons for some vanity goods hunting. Got a couple of mudpacks to last me a week. Never tried putting one on by myself before but hey, there's always a first time for everything. ^^


A little bit of walking later and we decided to call it a night. Went in line for the taxi and two and a half hours later, we're still in line. He almost lost his temper ("so that's two and a half hours wasted" as verbalized), which was very unlike him, so I tried keeping my annoyingness to a bare minimum (which apparently was successful since he didn't lose it that night).


Tried plan B. Walked a couple of blocks to commute toward IT Park where many taxis are. By this time, it was 11pm and we were very exhausted. A couple of dirty feet, soaked clothes and poorly controlled moods later, we arrived and was able to get a taxi for ourselves.


What a great day that was. =)



This Valentine's day, every other girl got flowers or chocolates or some kind of material gift. Me? I got dirty feet, soaked in the rain, waited for 2hrs for a taxi that will never come, wounded and exhausted. But I also got to eat Dimsum, watch "The Vow", eat Potato Corner Barbecue Fries, drink Starbucks Green Tea, eat Belgian Waffle with Strawberry toppings, talk, laugh, and spend quality time with him. 






I got great memories.
Happy Hearts Day everyone!!
May this year be better than the last!




xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly