Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

books, desires, and confusing ideas

I've been reading a book for a couple of days now. Three books in three days, to be exact. I'm not sure If I have the courage to pinpoint the specific title of the books just yet because, frankly, these were never my type. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about. Maybe I'll have the guts to mention them in another blog, but right now, I'm a chicken.

Yes, at first I was skeptical. The book's plot never held enough promise. In fact, it was so cliche that I never gave it a second though. Until now. A product of having too much time and too little stuff to fill it with, I guess. So unlike me. But when you're bored and desperate, a lot of things that's so "unlike you" can happen. So I guess this one's one of those.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses so I hide my desire to read them. I'm not sure.


Anyway, currently reading the third of the this 3-part series and I realize with great shock that I am, in fact, enjoying the book. Maybe because it's been a while since I last read anything that's noteworthy, or maybe because I have nothing else better in mind as of yet, but the fact remains. I am...(I have no word for it)...captivated (let's just go with that) by the plot, the mystery of the characters, and the reason why the author has created such an...environment.

I read it not literally, surprisingly. Something I never used to do while reading novels and literary arts. I was always quite the literal person. And now, here I am, getting dragged into a world, purely fantasy, and wishing I could be a part of it, and considering the nature of the story depicted, this one is another surprise.

I can't wait to finish it all and finally free myself of the bondage that is holding me back from my day-to-day activities. Now I understand why I never read books while working. I get too caught up in the moment, too focused on the book I'm reading that I fail to do anything else. *sigh* Obsessions. :p

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly