Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Ever After

All hopeless romantics out there must know where I come from when I say all weddings must lead to a "happily ever after". Yes, to some, it's a silly thought. School-girl-ish even. But I believe that. With all my heart.

I hear people around me say that present-day marriages are hard to work out. Harder even than those in the past because of the conditions newlyweds are thrown into once married. The harsh reality of life. The watchful eyes of the public. The close scrutiny of the family members. The pressure to succeed and lead a happy life. And just about every single person you know waiting for you to make a mistake, fight over something most married couples usually do, and then say "I told you so".


But seriously, who in a marriage doesn't fight? Who in a marriage doesn't feel the pressure? Everyone does. Even the most "happily married" ones have their occasional banter. Because, let's be honest, the fight makes the making up more worthwhile. The fight lights a fire that will probably stop burning through time otherwise. The fight keeps the marriage alive

However, all successful vs unsuccessful married couples do differ in one thing and one thing only. Their willingness to fight. Fight for the marriage. Fight for each other. Fight for themselves.

Today, 20th of April, 2012, I watched as a dear friend of mine, Mimi, get hitched to Miko, a friend-in-law so to speak (because technically we knew each other through Mimi). =) Well, technically, the marriage ceremony was yesterday and what we attended was just the banquet but it speaks of the same. =)

I can't help but feel elated as I see the young couple gracing table after table after table, getting congratulated at; the new wife and mother-to-be beaming a wide smile, husband in tow, hands possessively over the wife and sweating buckets in the process (must be the pressure to host everyone ^^). I, for the first time since I don't know when, feel really happy for people tying the knot. And I genuinely wish for them to find their happily ever after. Not just because they're my friends, although that is part of the equation. But because they fought for this. They struggled, shed tears, exhausted themselves for something they truly want. The fought to be together. And if that doesn't call for a genuine happy ever after, then I don't know what will. =)

I'm glad these two found each other. They're different and yet exactly alike. They complement each other in so many ways that you can find two pieces of a whole in them. And, I know that times will be tough, especially for a young couple, but if there's anyone who can make it, these two will. =) Why? Well, they have their friends to back them up for one. And of course, love. All the rest shall follow.




To the already
happily married young couple,
I guess a big
CONGRATULATIONS
is in order.
So Cheers to you both
and may you find each others hand
forever and beyond. =)

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly