Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Roses and Dreams

There was a party. People dressed in all kinds of gowns, colors of different shades, sparkles everywhere. It was a mixture of my past and present friends, acquaintances and people I don't even recognize. Some of the faces I can see and recall, others I can only hope to make out of into a silhouette.

I was there, attending. And beside me, my boyfriend looking dashing in his suit.

Then an announcement, and all the world seems abuzz. I couldn't catch the announcement, I was too distracted to observe everyone, catch who were there and who weren't.


Suddenly, the world spun, blackness engulfed me and a few seconds I was back in the party, but in a different spot. I was on the sidelines, boyfriend nowhere to be found, and I realize I'm alone. But that didn't matter coz then I saw her. She was brilliant in a sparkly dress I can barely make out. But her face. So radiant. So beautiful. So happy.

She was inside her store. Forever 25. A store full of happy things. Things of romance. Things girls love. Roses, dresses, shoes, bags, jewelries and others too faint for my eyes to see. Numerous people were inside, congratulating her. She must've done something worth congratulating, I don't know. I just see myself observing the commotion. And I feel a tender hatred creeping up on me.

And as suddenly as it had come, the world spun again and off I went, back into my first field of view. Back into the arms of the one I love.

After that, everything went awry. All things in a blur. One minute I was part of the party, the next an observer. One second I am with my guy, the next off observing other people.

And in one of those twists and turns, I saw him. I saw the man who ripped my heart into pieces. See him looking at me with those empty eyes. And I panicked. I fumbled around until I saw what I was looking for. A support. My support. My pillar. My love. The man who picked up my pieces and put me back together.

He was standing there, looking at me like I'm the shiniest piece of jewel he had ever set his eyes on. And the world melted away, and all I can think about is how lucky I am to have this guy. If only time would stand still. But alas, as all things of the same go, it can't. I found myself looking back to the direction of my heart-breaker. To his store. Forever 26. Right beside Forever 25, his love's place. And just like the latter, people were congratulating him. But his eyes weren't on them. It was on me. And for an instant, I saw something flicker in his eyes. A kind of hurt expression I've never seen before. It was only for an instant, but it was there. And it went swiftly and silently, leaving no trace. Funny thing was, I felt nothing. Not pity, not want, not anything. I could only think of the man beside me.

Then the world went by so fast I could only cope for a second until I arrived, hand in hand, with boyfriend in front of a store. Ironically, we were heading inside Forever 25. I pulled him back, knowing who owns the place. He looked at me, and I knew, I trust him.

Inside, it was all red with roses, cards, and whatnot. Some I could see, some a shadow. Suddenly, he presented me with gifts he never had before. First, a bouquet of the most gorgeous red roses I've ever seen. Second, a bag of red roses, identical and more beautiful than the first. And third, a paperbag whose contents are too blurry for my eyes to make out. It must've been exquisite because I found myself hugging him so tight and say so many words of thanks and feel fireworks go off inside of me.

The party ended right there.
Darkness.

And then I was outside, sun shining brightly, and of all vehicles, a futuristic jeepney parked in front and waiting for us.

We hopped on. I didn't see him go up but when I was inside, I saw him already perched on a seat right behind the driver's. The seats inside were arranged differently. Some facing the front of the jeep, the others facing the sides, and then the one he was sitting on was a set of two mini-benches facing each other.

I could only see his back and I wondered why he was sitting away from the general direction of the chair. I tapped his shoulder and he must've felt it coz he twirled around and beckoned for me to sit beside him.

I sat, carefully placing all his gifts in front of me, reached my hand beside me and found his. Clutched him tightly and the vehicle started moving.

After that, all was a blur.

And then I woke up.

It was just a dream.
But I found myself happy.


April 23-24, 2012

A dream I didn't wan't to forget.


xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly