Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Bridge We Must Cross

It hasn't been my half-a-year. I've been depressed a number of times. More than I've ever been before. The unknown future, the uncertainty of it all, and just everything that's been going on has been a struggle. It's a struggle I've been fighting with barely a sight of hope at the end.

Of course, that's all primarily because I have this pessimistic side I just can't seem to let go of. I try to be as optimistic as I can but there's always that nagging feeling of "what if's" hanging behind my head. I'm not sure why. Partly coz that's how I'm wired. Maybe.


Anyway, one of the most drastic changes I've experienced this year was "his" leaving for another country in search of a better future. It struck me as a bitter necessity. An unwanted necessity. A necessity I can't seem to shake off. This long distance relationship is a course we were gonna have to take if we are to make it as a pair. But it won't be easy.

Communication is key of course. But communication was gonna be hard. I knew that. But we had a system. Or so we thought. It didn't take long for us to realize the harsh reality. Schedules proved to be pretty demanding. It got pretty difficult finding a common time that's ok for the both of us. Even catching a glimpse for less than a minute was a luxury given the circumstances. But we stood our ground. No complaints. No harsh words. Just succumbing to the happiness that was so fleeting. What kept us going was the promise of forever. God-willing. And that the other will always be there. Always.

This was a bridge we must cross to get to the greener side. A hurdle we must pass through. A challenge we have no choice but to face.

And yet, somehow, I realized something. That in a relationship, even in long distance ones, trust is everything. Cliche as it may sound, it's true. Love is one thing. Trust is another. Love keeps us going. Trust strengthens us. And communication? It will always be key. To everything.

To thee, oh far-away one,
I trust thee. Completely. ^^



xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly