Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

one, two, three

Chibon and Sofia.
Two of my bestest best buddies in the entire universe and beyond.
Two of my closest pals.
Two of my most trusted friends.




Last August 28 (2011), I spent the night with them. Nothing fancy. Just a simple dinner and some girl talk. 

Originally, Chibon and I planned to hang out together for a much needed emotional outburst (just so we can get things off our chest). Things happened and happily, Sofia came along (which was ok too coz I was missing this girl real bad ^^).

We first hung out at their workplace. Exchanged some light talks, laughed some surface laughs, smiled...the whole charade. Then when they were done (guess I arrived too early, huh?) with work and stuff, we headed for Dong Juan's in Guadalupe for some Italian cuisine (that was pocket worthy). My suggestion coz we couldn't seem to decide which place to go to for dinner. I was craving for kwek-kwek and siomai at that time, Chibon was all for lasagna, and Sofia just went with whatever we decided. Why we decided on Dong Juan, I can't exactly say. Maybe I was really convincing, or maybe we just didn't have any other choice and was pressed for time. =p I think the latter is a better explanation though, but that's just me. =)

Anyway, we arrived, chose our food on the menu. Pizza (for all 3 of us), seafood pasta for me, meaty burger for Chibon, and a big blob of delicious burgersteak for Sofia. The food was excellent. The place, though, could use some help (of course, having been here before, I was kinda used to it). It was too small for the crowd, the tables were too small, and generally, the atmosphere just looked chaotic. Had they spruced up the place, it would've done wonders for them. =) 



*sorry for the poor quality pics. Took it with my Galaxy but well, the lighting was that great*

But enough about that, the food was down and out the second it got on the table. I guess we were hungrier than we thought. hahaha Next, on to the more serious stuff. We finally talked about stuff that mattered. Mostly, about Chibon's worries (coz that's what we were there for). I can't exactly say what went on in our conversation coz all that's better left in the memory (privacy and personal space and all that), but bottomline, we had a moment of tears.

Now, you see, I'm not a person that's good with these kinds of conversations. Maybe that's why I'm told I'm introverted. I rarely open up to discussions like these. And this time wasn't any different. Chibon opened, Sofia replied, I simply listened (and nodded on occasions). That's how the conversation went. I didn't really know what to say. Was there even something I could say that could make things any better? I can't say I know how she feels coz I honestly didn't (since I haven't been put on that spot before). But I feel for her. And I think, listening and empathizing was enough. I hope it was.

So then the conversation draw to a close and more pictures were taken (after some water was drank, some tears were dabbed, and some words of encouragement were exchanged). Of course, Chibon brought her baby Nikka so majority of the pictures were there.




After getting our fill of emotional outburst and good food, we dropped by SM City for a stroll, a quick purchase at Watsons, and spent a minute or two at BookSale. Another set of pictures were taken...

...and this was one of them.

Then, when all was said and done, we rode the bus and left at our individual stops.
And then, the night was over.

I'll be seeing you soon girls.

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly