Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sugar's Day

It was a night like many others. With people I see almost every day in the past year.
But now, we say goodbye to one.
Mam Donna.
One of our bestest best staffs. One of our most talkative staff. One of our most treasured staff.
A friend. A mentor. A colleague.
A part of our lives.



September 04, 2011. I was supposed to go on night shift (10pm - 6am) that night. However, I fell sick. Thought it was the flu (with all the sneezing and coughing and feverish state) but now, after having been assessed by the doctor five days later, I found out it was actually CAP, but that's another story.

Anyway, I felt exhausted but since I promised Mam Donna I'd be there, I intended to keep it. I was never an advocate for broken promises (in fact, I abhor them). So, feeling weak and yet excited to hang out with these crazy people after having been separated for so long (separated meaning sent to different stations), I dragged myself toward our meeting place, Golden Cowrie, Lahug. I wore the work uniform (instead of my original plan to just bring it and wear something better) coz I was too darned tired to bring more stuff. Of course, I intended to go to work that night. And had my condition subsided, I really would have. But as luck would have it, my fever felt like it was skyrocketing and my cough was even worse, so I decided to call in sick. Thankfully, the supervisor was kind enough to let me be absent


I braved through the cold dining room and kept my smiles up high, my spirits all up, and my mood all lit up.
I didn't want to spoil anybody's fun that night and truly, I was having fun. =)

More pictures were taken as we scrambled all over the place to where the camera was facing.
All kinds of pictures were shot...

...pictures while eating...

...stupidly choreographed and somehow funny pictures...

..."cutesy" pictures...

...stolen pictures...

...even more stupid "under-the-hood" pictures...

...pictures of couples...

...pictures of "possible, maybe, someday in a million years" couples *wink*...

...a picture of a random korean guy we found adorable...

...and lots and lots and lots of groups pictures (that seemed to have no end).

Of course, I can't exactly post every single one of the photos we took so refer to our fb accounts for more (if you aren't our friends on fb, too bad). =)

The eating finally ended and we soon headed for One Mango for one last run before finally heading home. Fortunately, my friends are great, with a special mention to Melvin and Princess, coz they both sent me home and Princess explained the situation (why I went home instead of work) to my Mum (thank you both! I owe you lots. You've seen me at my almost-worst state a lot of times already its almost embarrassing! Almost... haha).

By the time I finished prepping for the night, I was already spent so with my last ounce of energy, crawled into the bed and slept the night away, rather uncomfortably, I might add. =)

By now, Mam Donna's having her fill of Bahrain's city, culture, lifestyle, people and weather. I do hope and pray to God she fares well over there. Many of my friends have been going out of the country lately. God be with them. =)


Mam Donna, I'll miss you bunches and I WILL SEE YOU SOON!

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly