Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

for my dad with the great big smile

Sept. 24, 2011. A day I've always remembered, since the day I was born, as Daddy's day. His birthday. His special day. His day, period.

On this day, he turned 52. Quite young, if you ask me. hehe =) So we chose to celebrate this one like usual. A quiet family dinner somewhere nice. This year, we chose The Ching Palace at Lahug, CC (coz my sister wanted chinese food and my mum recommended the place).



Being great big eaters, me and my siblings, backed up by my mum, ordered foods we thought yummy from the menu. And we were absolutely right! =) Food was great!


Sisterette had class so we went to the place ahead of her and she just caught up. As soon as she did arrive? Well, it was straight to the food she goes! Hahhha Of course, I understood why, considering it has only been minutes since the food got served on the table and already, the pineapple rice had been reduced to half! =D


Aaaand, there will never be a complete family night without my lil bro (and I'm using "lil" loosely) being not-so-camera-shy...

Also, cousin Kyle went with (of course, he's family ^^). He's grown so big already! He's almost as tall as I am and he's HALF my age! Gosh, what are these kids eating these days?!


So the food eating went on the whole night with the occasional catching up and talking and joking around and laughing. ^^ Twas like any typical family night we have with one special difference. Tonight, we give Daddy a gift. AND I picked this one especially for him. =) A Diesel perfume. =) Why? Coz one of the reasons mum was attracted to dad, aside from his uber perfect teeth, was his heavenly scent. And Mum and Dad had a history with perfume-giving. So we wanted to keep the tradition alive. =) As soon as I gave daddy the present though, mum and dad went bonkers. The following set of pics will be proof enough. ^^


Yeah. Well, now you know where I got my crazy antics from ^^ Seriously though, that perfume smells utterly delicious! Chocolate-y even! =)

So that was our night, and soon, dinner was finished and we went home with full stomachs, happy, and smelling good. ^^


My Dad. <3 Many people know him as the serious, go-by-the-rules, strict-as-hell guy, and I would love to agree with you too, coz let's face it, he is, on most days. BUT. As his daughter, I do not feel obliged to say this but I want to. There are some things only family knows. And some things only to the family he shows. Like for instance, how cute he is when he makes corny jokes...or how his eyes wrinkle to the sides when he smiles and laughs...or how he knows how to make weird Donald Duck vocal imitations (which me and my siblings absolutely adore)...or how he's so meticulous with his clothes (even when he doesn't like to show it)...OR how he's so protective with family.

Well, the list could go on and on and on but that should give you readers an idea. =)  Anyway, strict as he may be, there wasn't a day when I could say I hated him (or any other word similar to or synonymous with). I never did. In fact, this will sound cheesy so skip to the next line if you're not the cheesy kind, I absolutely love my dad. He's the man I've looked up to for the past 24 years and I intend to not stop doing it until, well, forever. No man could ever reach the standards a girl's father puts up. The bar goes higher than any barrier one can imagine and trying to climb over that would mean suicide, or ultimate failure.

So to the man I've adored, loved and cherished all my life, I'd like to say Happy Happy Happy Birthday and I wish you the happiest anyone can ever have coz you deserve it. You have sacrificed a lot for the family, and I know as your daughter, I've been lacking much, but still you stayed by us and supported us like a real gentleman, and we love you for it. I hope you got what you dreamed of and more. We love you Daddy. <3

xoxo
~hny~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly