Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Why do you write?


A pen and a paper are powerful things. Probably one of the most powerful in the world. It can put a smile on the face of someone who just received ecstatic news, make the heart of a girl in love flutter, and can even make dreams come true. On the down side, it can provide the most heartbreaking news, make the happiest man alive cry tears of anguish, or crush your world. Whatever the case, things written down, are a testimony of a part of someone’s feelings. And the pen and paper are mediums for this testimony.


So why do people write despite the risks? What risks, you ask? A lot. The greatest of which is the risk of having a part of your inner self possibly exposed to the world, a world full of critics and disbelievers. Well, I don’t know the reason for anyone other than myself. Here’s mine.


I write because I express myself better with it. I can say a lot of the things I can’t when spoken. I can let out my deepest concerns, issues, and whatnot without being scared of being judged unfairly, pitied, or worse, laughed at. I admit, I am a girl riddled with issues from head to toe and though I may not seem like it, I do have problems I can’t bear to talk about, or even think about. And writing helps me get rid of it, even for a short while (just as drinking helps others, so does writing with me). It helps calm me down, helps keep me grounded, helps keep me sane. Writing is a special thing. Although, I swear I’d die if anyone ever EVER read my journal. =p I write not for anyone else but myself.

A pen and a paper is powerful and it can ruin a life. But it can also hold the most beautiful of things. I’d like to try and get rid of the negativity and think about the wonderful things writing can give. Oh, the possibilities.


:: A repost from http://honeybraindumps.tumblr.com/post/10272945945/day-200-09162011-takenl-sept16-2011-6-15pm-a ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly