Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Dannevirke - Week 1

Notice how my movement in New Zealand has been from a populated area -Auckland-, to a lesser populated area -Palmerston  North-, to a barely populated area -Dannevirke-. Funny, actually. It's like, I'm being sent to a place with less and less people everytime. Tsk.

Anyway, my first week here in Dannevirke hasn't been as eventful as one would think. Yes, its a new place to explore, but well, with Dannevirke's size, there really isn't much to explore. And because of a lack of public transportation, being in Dannevirke has limited me to either being at the rest home where I work, being at home, or at New World for some emergency shopping needs. And that's about it.

It's funny how much I've changed in just a couple of weeks. 4 weeks ago, I never would've thought I'd muster enough courage to ask someone I haven't met yet to give me a ride to work. And yet, somehow, I did just that. Crazy how this place changes you.


And work has been interesting, really. I've practically become a student again, going by how things have gone through the past days. I really am clueless with how they run things, and their "organized" system has me pulling all the roots of my head. I'm just confused, and practically overloaded with information. Too much information than my brain can handle in a day. So thank heavens that I don't only have a day (and thank my lucky stars I don't have longer than half past a month! I don't think I can handle much more of this "isolation" any more than I should). Learning all those new things, learning the routine, learning all the paperwork, and juggling all that with the stuff that the school is making us do is no easy task. The others just made it look easy, I think.

But I'll quit yapping about that because people might think I'm complaining, which I'm not. I feel really lucky to have been given this opportunity. It's just that I realized how much hard work is put up to retain it. But no matter, my motto has always been "If others can do it, why can't you?" so yes, I will myself to do this. I can and I must. =)

Tomorrow's another day.

xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly