Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quit Complaining

In the last month that I've lived here in New Zealand, I've noticed how much I have complained and got depressed about my situation. I keep saying things about being homesick, being lonely, feeling isolated, and generally just being unhappy. I have an insecure side I just can't seem to rectify. And then, one day, someone told me this: "You have got something others could only dream of having." And that got me thinking straight.

A year ago, I could only hope my application pushes through with little obstacles. I could only dream of being able to travel and experience these "greener pastures" everyone's been raving about. I, too, was complaining then. Of how unappreciated I was at my job and how unhappy I was with my place in life. And then, the good news came, and finally, after a lot of hard work, I got to be here. To be able to step forward and start realizing my dreams of the future.


So I realize, I have no right to complain. Because, given the opportunities that I have been presented with, I could and should only thank my lucky stars for them. And I owe Him that much to fight through these and show Him that I can survive and make the best out of the things He has given.

xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly