Somehow, being able to express myself through written words is simpler than saying it.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Palmerston North - Week 3

So, my third and last week at Palmerston. It was uneventful, to be honest. No pictures (new ones anyway) were taken because, well, we've pretty much seen what we can see. =)

The same routine as the week before were done this week. Wake up, go to school, attend lectures, go home, go on the internet, freeze to death, sleep...and the cycle goes on everyday. =p

However, we were getting a bit restless because since it was our last week of lectures, it could only mean one thing. Practicals. Placements. And work. More work. Which is fine if not for the fact that we were being sent away from Palmerston to some places we didn't even know existed until then, to workplaces where we knew no one, and to do work we weren't even sure how to do. So yes, it was a struggle.


And as if that wasn't trouble enough, we were told of our placements at the last minute so finding a house to stay in was a pain in the bum. But yeah, pulled some strings here and there (and by strings I mean the few people I've known since I've been here) and by some miracle, somehow, I found a really good place to stay in. =) Lucky I got friends who've been to the same placement I have. They did all the hard work looking for a house. I just sort of went with wherever the wind took me. =)

Anyway, Saturday, we kind of were in a rush to finish what we had to so we went to UCOL (yes, schoolwork on a Saturday. I know. I still can't believe it myself. Funny how this place changes you. =p) for the last minute printing, research, and whatnot. And would you believe it, something fun (finally!) in The Palmerston North Square is happening.

Farm Day, or so the banner says. I'm not quite sure what exactly that was about, but there were booths all around selling cheap (well, cheap for the Kiwis, still expensive for me) goodies. June and I even got a free taste of some chocolate and it was quite appetizing. =) Speaking of, I was hungry then so I was sorta forced (ok. I forced myself. =p) to buy chips (Kiwi's slang for huge fries). They are fattening and not really good for you which is why I've made a pact with myself to eat them super sparingly (and yes, I will make good on that). =)

Walked around a bit, bought some school supplies, and then headed home. And that was it. The cycle of my days at Palmerston North were now coming to a close. All that was left was the last Monday where UCOL scheduled for us to have our final orientation and then leave for our placements. I was fortunate enough to have the greatest of friends (old and new alike) because a Kiwi CAPmate, Kathleen, after hearing my dilemma a few days before regarding transportation and luggage problems, offered to take me and another Chinese girl to Dannevirke. And as if that wasn't kind enough, she even gave the entire class a box of homemade cookies each! =D How great is that, huh? =D


It's true, what my Aussie CAPmate told me..."Sometimes, it's not what you know. It's who you know." Does make sense to a point, doesn't it? =D

xoxo
-hny-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Butterfly